02.02.21 “Think 2” Student’s book p.39 to retell the rules, p.40
1.Complete these sentences from the article on page 39. Underline other examples of indefinite pronouns in the article.
1. Most teens think they know everything about social media.
2.Think before you post something.
3. No one likes it when you ‘shout’ in your messages.
2. Complete the table. Use the article on page 39 to help you. Then complete the rule with some/any/no/every.
RULE. The words beginning with
Every-mean ‘all’ (people/things/places).
Some-mean that we don’t know exactly which (person/thing/place).
Any-mean that we don’t care or it doesn’t matter which (person/thing/place).
No-mean ‘not any’ (person/thing/place).
3. Complete the sentences with words from the table in ex. 2.
1. Where’s my pen? I’ve looked anywhere, but I can’t find it.
2. Using social media can be a real problem. Everyone should know that.
3. The teacher asked a question, but no one know the answer.
4. Someone left a message for you at reception.
5.Ouch! There’s something in my eye!
6. I’ve no idea where Sally is. She could be anywhere.
7. Do you want a place to relax on your holiday? There’s nowhere better than here!
8. It’s so noisy. Let’s go somewhere quieter.
4. Complete the sentences so that they are true for you.
1. Everyone knows that I am a dancer.
2. For my next holiday I’d like to go somewhere quieter.
3. I don’t like eating anything that has got spicy in it.
4. I think anyone can learn to English.
1. Match the phrases with the definitions. Write the numbers 1-10.
a — 7
b — 4
c — 3
d — 5
e — 8
f — 1
g — 2
h — 9
i — 6
j — 10